- 6 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Orzo, rice-shaped Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Orange Rind
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- freshly ground Pepper to taste
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt. Add the Orzo. Cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the orzo.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook briefly, stirring. Do not brown. Add the drained orzo, orange rind, pepper flakes, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, Grated Parmesan Cheese and pepper. Toss well and serve immediately.