Gluten-Free Market Trends
- 55% spend 30% or more on their grocery budget for gluten-free foods.
- 60% shop at three or more stores per month to find gluten-free foods.
- Sales in the category have doubled in the last five years and are expected to double again in the next three years to $5.5 billion in 2015.
- Approximately 6% of the US population (18 million people) suffer from some form of gluten sensitivity.
- It is estimated that the U.S. market for the gluten-free products will grow to about $6.6 billion in 2017 from $4.2 billion in 2012.